Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Mom, Dad, and Family,
Happy Easter!  I hope all went well and you all worked harder yesterday to save souls.  Or at least, I hope you worked harder on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to save souls  (since that's what Jesus did the three days before resurrection.)  ;)  I love you all and I'm so thankful for the Savior.  He is my Prophet, Priest, and King.  He's done so much for me as I know He has for you.  Yes!  I got your package!  It made me so happy!  I'm so excited to read the book.  I am just wigging out for this transfer!

Speaking of which, I stayed!  Which is awesome.  Our ward should have four baptisms next month.  WAHHH!  Nuts huh?  It's sooo crazy.  We should be setting another baptismal date this week as well.  Things are going really well and thankfully, I get to be there for it.  Elder Bringhurst though, he got transferred to Chino (he wanted to go there so it's all good).  My new companion is Elder King and he's pretty awesome.  I don't know how well we work together personality wise, but he's clean.  That...makes me so happy.  When you live in an apartment with four Elders and one of you wants to be clean, two don't care, and one wants to be messy...you can bet it stays messy.  But now all the Elders are clean.  It totally makes feeling the spirit easier.  No lie.
Tell  Lyssa happy birthday for me.  I'm sorry I missed it...well...partly anyway.  I really missed Easter dinner though.  It was weird not having that tradition here.  It made me come to think about how weird (mainly awesome though) our family is.  I really did miss it.  Oh my gosh!  It didn't even hit me till this week.  I get to Skype you all in less than three weeks.  Crazy huh?  I'm excited for that.
This past week was crazy.  Paulson didn't ever get a companion before transfers (that's a weird sentence), so we stayed in a tripanionship for last week as well.  Super cool.  It was always busy and we always had someone to see.  That was the bomb!  Totally enjoyed that.  We literally taught so many lessons.  We were just always teaching.  As it should be. ;)
Here's something that will boggle your mind.  When you come out into the field, your trainer is called your father and you are his son.  After training, your next companion is your mother, and you are his daughter.  So here's what's weird:  Elder Bringhurst went straight from being trained to training.  So he was my father, but I was his mother, but I was his son, but he was my daughter.  Yeah...think about it.  Incest gets weird in the mission.  So now, Elder King is really his daughter's father's son's daughter's mother's mother.  now that's weird.
Sorry the letter for this week is short.  But I do want to let you all know that I love and miss you.  You're awesome and my favorite family (hehe, it's funny because you're my only family).  I love the Savior, our Redeemer.  He has really made everything possible.  If you haven't already, go look up the video on Mormon.org called Because of Him.  Do it now.  It's really good.  I pray for you all every night and think you are all the best.  Pray for the investigators in the ward and in your ward and then do your best to help them out.  There's a sister in the Tongan ward here in Ontario that has a daughter in south Africa on a mission.  Haha she told her she won't send her any money, or any packages, or anything to help her.  But she told her that if she ever wants help from her mom, her mom will help the missionaries in her home ward.  So really, if you want to help me or my companion, please help the missionaries in our stake back home as much as you can. :)
ILYMTLI,
Elder Russell
P.S.  How's the PMG study going?  Read chapter two, and then study it again following the guidelines it gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment