Saturday, January 3, 2015

December 28, 2014

Mom, Dad, and Family,

I totally got the packages.  All of them.  It's all there in it's true form. ;)  Things are great and I'm having a blast.  Talking to you all on Thursday was awesome.  I couldn't have asked for a better time.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!  I totally got transferred from Upland and they took me all the way to Victorville. -_-  No I'm stoked and my new companion seems super cool.  We're both excited to work and I'm stoked to be here and doing new things.  We both decided obedience is key to everything.  In fact, at the Robbins' today we were with Parker, and we decided the same thing.  So this transfer is going to be a good one.  I'm really really excited.

We said our goodbyes last night to everybody and it was probably the most depressing day of my life.  I never thought I'd grow so close to people.  And don't get me wrong, I was really really close to the members of Rancho Park.  But Up5 was super super awesome and I got so close to everyone there.  I'm going to miss it big time.  Tears of anguish and stuff.  Hopefully I'll be able to go back to that ward.  I'd love to serve there again.  Everyone there is super great.

Crazy thing happened Christmas eve.  I got this letter with CDs in it by a guy named John Pennington.  Apparently he read my blog.  So he wrote this book that answers some common questions about Mormon doctrine.  I thought it was going to be anti, so naturally I listened to it.  Turns out he knows what he's talking about.

Anyway.  I wish I had more to talk about but I saw you last week and I'm in a totally new area, so I don't know anything.  I love and miss you all.  You're awesome and you rock my socks.  Take care and live righteously.  You're in my prayers and I can feel yours.

ILYMTLI,
Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment