Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 29, 2015

Mom, Dad, and Family,

This week was rather fantastic, actually.  Elder Niceler is a stud.  Like, he's super good!  I've got a lot to learn from him and I just hope I can learn if before one of us gets transferred.  We had a great week.  He came from Apple Valley but served 6mos in the ward that borders ours.  He's been out for about 11 months and is just taring it up out here.  He's great at teaching, he's always on time, and he's super smart.  I think he's great.  I think President will keep us together for more than a transfer, thankfully.

Anyway, thinks are awesome.  We had to go down the hill to Rancho on Saturday for a conference with Elder Nielson from the Seventy.  He...he knows what he's talking about.  We talked about the Atonement and the Fundamentals of Preach My Gospel.  Great, great meeting.  I learned so much.  He had us read a couple of talks from Elder Bednar on the Enabling Power of the Atonement.  They were "Bear Up Their Burdens With Ease" and "The Atonement and the Journey of Mortality."  Both really great talks.  I had read them before, but I learned a lot more from them as we talked with Elder Nielson.  Brad Wilcox says it I think best; he says "As members of the church we not only know what Jesus has saved us from, but what He has saved us for."  The Atonement is so much more than a cleansing agent.  I'm thankful it has that power, and it's one I have to use every day.  But the power of the Atonement doesn't stop once we're clean.  God wants us to be more than 'corrected'.  He Loves us a bit more than that.

Which reminds me, speaking of the Atonement.  If you have not yet, watch this video helives.mormon.org .  It's a new one the church put out in addition to Because of Him last Easter.  If you remember the Christmas initiative "He Is The Gift" this is very similar.  It has the same format and if you hashtag #becausehelives on facebook, it'll link you up and you can share the reason for Easter with everyone.

I'm super excited for this week!  I'm pumped beyond all reason!  I love you all, thanks for all you do.  I love and pray for you all.  Don't forget to keep growing and using the enabling power of the Atonement to not only be clean, but to grow, improve, and change.  #bthechange

ILYMTLI,
Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment